Re: Four items of possible controversy

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 10:51:50 EST

    >>Burgy's illustration did NOT point out that it happens on both sides of
    the political aisle. >>

    You are quite right. I should have mentioned this. And if there are three
    or more sides of the political questions, it happens on all sides.

    And it is not confined to the wealthy. Any one of us who contributes to,
    or publicly promotes, some cause is (potentially) in violation of ethical
    principles. And worse, any one of us who does NOT do so may also be in
    violation -- we are enjoined to take a stand for those issues we deeply
    believe in.

    Admanson, and Soros, and Ted Turner, and Bill Gates, and many many other
    wealthy folks do that, and for that they ought to be admired and
    emulated. At the same time, it is fair game to question both the causes
    supported and the methods used.

    That is why I don't write anonymous letters. Of course, it goes further
    than that.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!