Re: Science and Religion War

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 06:43:03 EST

    Michael Roberts wrote:

    > Yes there is hostility towards us Christians by those who wish to use
    > science as a stick to beat us with. They use the discredited conflict idea
    > of the War of Science and Religion.
    > Try reading God and Nature by Lindbergh and Numbers or Rebuilding the Matrix
    > by Denis Alexander which was published in 2001 - a superb book by one of the
    > leading lights of Christians in Science.
    > Wouldn't it be great if we could devote our energies to dealing with those
    > sorts instead of internecine warfare with YEC and some forms of ID

    I give 3 cheers for that idea. When I have suggested it in the past, the
    response has been that we have to "clean up our own house first". I totally
    disagree with that notion. We are members of both houses and have a right to
    object to scientists who use their stature to pomote the notion that science
    supports atheism and refutes religion. PBS in articular likes to take sides in
    facor of atheistic notions. It would be nice to see a "equal time" policy.

    > Michael

    Walt

    > --

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>