Re: Intelligent design controversy in Canada

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 06:41:26 EST

    WHAT IS DARWINISM?

    The whole problem with Denyse's interviews and the ISCID article is that it puts up Darwinism as a strawman. I dont know what Darwinism is as it has as many definitions as there are people. Of course, this approach is to retain the big tent of ID.

    It also prevents us from considering non-reductionist and non-atheistic and non-chance views of evolution .

    Before we can consider all this;

    What is the status of the age of the earth and the fossil succession over time?
    Any discussion which does not deal with that is like Hamlet without the Prince of Denmark

    What is chance and natural selection?

    A lot of confusion is caused by the loose use of terms such as chance, Darwinism and Naturalism.

    Michael