A man of mud Re: Academics who actively support Young Earth Creationism

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 19:31:52 EST

    Vernon Jenkins wrote:

    > I read in the Hebrew of Gen.2:5 that the pristine earth experienced no rain;
    > and in 2:6, a brief reference to the alternative hydrologic cycle that then
    > obtained.

    And I read in english

    2.6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the
    ground-
    2.7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into
    his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

    So Adam was made of mud (or do we have interpret something)?

    Interpret? Interpret? Surely that is not allowed ;)

    In the 50's Tennessee Ernie Ford had a song called "16 Tons". The first line was
    "Some people say a man is made out of mud."

    Biblical literalist no doubt.

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>