Re: Magnetic field energy loss

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 20:51:27 EDT

    Dick writes:

        In The Genesis Record, Morris makes his point about the flood ordering the fossil sequence found in sedimentary rocks. He then says:

            Man's perverse and depraved nature has somehow
            distorted both into a system of evolution and uniformity.

    I love it when YECs like Morris appeal to "man's perverse and depraved nature" to explain the source of such concepts as evolution and uniformity. Does it ever occur to them that the same argument could be turned against them? That it is their "perverse and depraved nature" that has led to their six-day 6000 year interpretation of Scripture and the "creation science" they have come up with to support it? I don't believe so; I'm merely pointing out that such a theological ad hominem argument is a double-edged sword.

    I cannot in good conscience not put the words "creation science" in quotation marks. A long retired professor from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (back in the old days before the fundamentalists took it over and ruined it), once remarked about "scientific creationists" that "what they do is not science, and they don't understand creation."

    Bob Schneider