RE: Darwinian and non-Darwinian (was Re: RFEP & ID)

From: Dr. Blake Nelson (bnelson301@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 18:01:08 EDT

    Hi Glenn,

    Sorry, you misunderstood my failed attempt at being
    pithy, as George's follow up and my response
    clarified.

    I agree that one cannot make a fact/interpretation
    dichotomy. In explaining the context of the use of
    the phrase in law, I was just trying to clear up the
    error in the understanding of what the phrase meant.
    As I stated in my reply to George, it is not meant to
    be a philosophical statement, but a pragmatic approach
    to a practical and very real problem that existed in
    product liability law. In that respect, IIRC Jay
    seemed to be inappropriately extending the concept.
    By the same token, your understanding of the statement
    was not what the statement meant. But, not knowing
    what the term of art means in the law, that is
    certainly no fault of your own. ;)