The Isaiah - Bible Correlation

From: richard@biblewheel.com
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 11:33:43 EDT

    The Bible Wheel is a simple 2D representation of the traditional 66 book
    Christian canon that reveals a host of highly integrated and theologically
    profound insights into the Bible.

    One of the most common arguments against the Bible Wheel by folks steeped in
    modern biblical scholarship is that the order of the 66 book Christian Canon
    is arbitrary, void of theological significance, and almost certainly not
    inspired of God.

    I have many answers to such objections that I would be delighted to discuss
    with anyone interested, but that is not the point of this post.

    The point of this post is that there is another feature of Scripture that is
    also generally understood to be arbitrary, void of theological significance,
    and almost certainly not inspired of God, namely, the division of Scripture
    into chapter and verse.

    The Isaiah-Bible Correlation brings together these two apparently arbitrary
    features and reveals their tight integration. The book of Isaiah as an image
    of the Bible within the Bible. In large, the pattern is too obvious to miss.
    It is even mentioned in the introduction to Isaiah in the New King James
    Bible which says:

    Isaiah is like a miniature Bible. The first thirty-nine chapters (like the
    thirty-nine books of the Old Testament) are filled with judgment upon
    immoral idolatrous men. Judah has sinned; the surrounding nations have
    sinned; the whole earth has sinned. Judgment must come, for God cannot allow
    such blatant sin to go unpunished forever. But the final twenty-seven
    chapters (like the twenty-seven chapters of the New Testament) declare a
    message of hope. The Messiah is coming as a Savior and a Sovereign to bear a
    cross and to wear a crown.

    The evidence is extremely compelling. Though there are some chapters of
    Isaiah that are not obviously linked to the content of the corresponding
    book of the Bible, the *majority* of chapters do reveal a significant
    correlation. In many cases, there are *unique* words or phrases found ONLY
    in a given chapter of Isaiah and its corresponding book of the Bible. I have
    hundreds of such links listed on my site:

    http://www.BibleWheel.com/InnerWheels/Isaiah/Isaiah_LinkIndex.asp

    The Isaiah - Bible Correlation provides a completely *independent* witness
    to the divine design of the order of the Canon, which is the basis of the
    Bible Wheel.

    And like the Wheel itself, the Isaiah - Bible Correlation is truly
    beautiful, being an image of the Bible embedded within the Bible.

    Richard Amiel McGough
    Discover the sevenfold symmetric perfection of the Holy Bible at
    http://www.BibleWheel.com