RE: One more thing

From: Glenn Morton (glennmorton@entouch.net)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 22:56:24 EDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Walter Hicks [mailto:wallyshoes@mindspring.com]
    Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 9:38 PM
    For SHEILA::
    YEC= Young Earth Creation(ist)
    ICR= Institute for Creation research
    ASA= American Scientific Affiliation
    GLENN MORTON is not an acronym. Just an oil man.
    :-)

    It is an accronym for a football play where the QB tells the RE what to do:
    Go Left, East, Now North, Move Over Right, Turn Out Now!

     Walter wrote:
    >I directed my remarks against ICR. You direct yours against YECs. I know
    what you
    >mean, but what you say and what you mean are two different things. This is
    the point
    >I attempt to make.

    I distinguish their ideas and beliefs not them. At least I haven't told any
    of them that they are liars. Liars seems to be a word directed to an
    individual, not an organization.

    >I know many people who would be considered to be YECs and very few are
    members of ICR
    >or in tune with their scientific theories (see George's 3 categories of
    YEC).

    Walter, George's category 3 are Day Age people. They believe in an old earth
    and thus are not YECs. One can hardly be YEC and believe in an old earth.
    Occasionally, one like Allen or my good friend, Art Chadwick comes along who
    believe in an old universe and young-earth. But the young-earth belief
    makes them YECs

    " Category 3 corresponds to Christians who have relatively sensible
    ideas about
    creation & evolution. Perhaps some of their views are unsophisticated
    (e.g., day-age
    schemes to "reconcile" Genesis 1 & evolution) but there is no urgency about
    correcting
    them." From George's post.

    > I respect the YEC oriented people in my Church. I want to help them to see
    a better
    >"world view".

    Calling their leaders 'liars' will not endear you to them.