Re: One more thing

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 22:37:55 EDT

    For SHEILA::

    YEC= Young Earth Creation(ist)
    ICR= Institute for Creation research
    ASA= American Scientific Affiliation
    GLENN MORTON is not an acronym. Just an oil man.
    :-)

    GLENN MORTON wrote:

    > Walter wrote: > "Such actions are a large part
    > of why ICR is called the "Liars for Jesus"
    > >organization on my Compuserve forum." and I
    > just recalled it being posted by him and did not
    > realize that >it was not his own saying.
    > Nevertheless, I think that it is appropriate for
    > the reasons I gave.
    >
    > I am now puzzled as to why you are so much
    > against me coming down on YEC illogic. Seems to
    > me that you are criticizing them more harshly
    > than I.

    I directed my remarks against ICR. You direct
    yours against YECs. I know what you mean, but what
    you say and what you mean are two different
    things. This is the point I attempt to make.

    I know many people who would be considered to be
    YECs and very few are members of ICR or in tune
    with their scientific theories (see George's 3
    categories of YEC). I respect the YEC oriented
    people in my Church. I want to help them to see a
    better "world view". That is why I worked so hard
    to get ASA listed as a link on the Church's web
    site. By leading my friends to that link, I hope
    that they will a different story that some of the
    trash put out by ICR, etc. This is just a small
    (one church) effort, but if others did so as well,
    perhaps the impact could spread.

    At the same time, I think that any members of ICR
    who really have degrees in science should have
    them revoked. Yes I am harsh on them and I include
    my former acquaintance Sebeny who obvious spent
    too much time in the Arizona sun without his
    famous cowboy hat on. (no grin)

    Walt

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

    In any consistent theory, there must