RE: It happened!!

From: Stephen J. Krogh, P.G. (panterragroup@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 10:14:58 EDT

    Institute of Creation Research (ICR)

    others you will see:

    Answers in Genesis (AiG)
    Creation Research Society (CRS)

    Stephen J. Krogh, P.G.
    The PanTerra Group
    Environmental Consultants
    http://panterragroup.home.mindspring.com

      -----Original Message-----
      From: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu [mailto:asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu]On
    Behalf Of SHEILA WILSON
      Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 8:42 AM
      To: Walter Hicks; ASA
      Subject: Re: It happened!!

      What is ICR????

      Please include descriptions with abbreviations at least once at the
    BEGINNING of each email.

      Sheila

      Walter Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com> wrote:
        Late last year, a number of ICR books were placed
        in the Library of my Church and then touted in the
        weekly newsletter. I read them and got pretty
        upset. There is no way that most of the members of
        the congregation could tell that it was VooDoo and
        not Science. Even some pretty smart engineers get
        "faked out". I have spent a lot of time pushing to
        get a more balanced presentation in the church.
        (Note that I said balanced, rather than a slam
        dunk as advocated by some.)

        One thing has been to get the scientific outlook
        listed as a resource on the Church's web site. It
        was not an easy task and I believe that others
        tried to undermine my effort. Anyhow, it finally
        happened. Take a look at the last item on:

        http://www.grace.org/spiritdir/resources.shtml

        Just a small step, but something.

        Now, if we can just get you y! ou guys and gals to
        be sensitive and recognize that a gentle approach
        might win some ASA visitors away from the false
        science of ICR ........

        Walt

        ===================================
        Walt Hicks