Re: It happened!!

From: SHEILA WILSON (sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 09:42:07 EDT

    What is ICR????

    Please include descriptions with abbreviations at least once at the BEGINNING of each email.

    Sheila

    Walter Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com> wrote:
    Late last year, a number of ICR books were placed
    in the Library of my Church and then touted in the
    weekly newsletter. I read them and got pretty
    upset. There is no way that most of the members of
    the congregation could tell that it was VooDoo and
    not Science. Even some pretty smart engineers get
    "faked out". I have spent a lot of time pushing to
    get a more balanced presentation in the church.
    (Note that I said balanced, rather than a slam
    dunk as advocated by some.)

    One thing has been to get the scientific outlook
    listed as a resource on the Church's web site. It
    was not an easy task and I believe that others
    tried to undermine my effort. Anyhow, it finally
    happened. Take a look at the last item on:

    http://www.grace.org/spiritdir/resources.shtml

    Just a small step, but something.

    Now, if we can just get you you guys and gals to
    be sensitive and recognize that a gentle approach
    might win some ASA visitors away from the false
    science of ICR ........

    Walt

    ===================================
    Walt Hicks