Re: Lewontin's Divine Foot

From: Dr. Blake Nelson (bnelson301@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 20:53:52 EDT

    Thanks for the link, to an interesting review that I
    had not read before.

    FWIW, I would not equate superstition with folk
    religion per se, although folk religion may have
    superstitious elements.

    I also do not necessarily mean anything pejorative by
    folk religion, just its technical sense as a term used
    to describe a set of beliefs, superstitions and
    cultural practices transmitted from generation to
    generation, *in addition to* the formally stated
    creeds and beliefs of a codified major religion, but
    you probably know that.

    http://www.drjbloom.com/Public%20files/Lewontin_Review.htm