Re: Questions to Allen Roy

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 17:10:44 EDT

    Wally wrote, in part: "My belief is that this list should stop the
    practice of belittling all people who accept young earth and attack on a
    scientific plane those with whom they are really upset."

    Wally -- if I EVER "belittle" anyone for any belief they may hold, and
    this includes people like your daughter and people like Ken Ham (to pick
    two apparent extremes), please take me to task.

    I belittle ideas, not people. At least that is my intention.

    If you, for instance, believe that little blue invisible fairies are
    responsible for the apples in your apple tree falling earthward, and not
    shooting off into space, then I will belittle that idea -- but not you
    personally, if you claim scientific evidence for your claim and try to
    teach it to others. OTOH, if you just believe that, I'm not greatly
    interested in enlightening you.

    I do not belittle Joe Sebeny for his ideas; I do belittle Joe Sebeny's
    ideas. See the difference? I admire Joe for his zeal and passion in
    promoting that which he sincerely, as a devout Christian, believes. In
    the life to come Joe and I will hold conversations about all this. With
    you, BTW. In the meantime ... . I'm posting part two of my notes today.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!