Questions to Allen Roy

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 21:10:23 EDT

    Allen:

    Glenn Morton wrote:

    snip

    > Having spent 20+ years as a YEC, I can assure you that I have a pretty good
    > understanding of their position. I published 30 items arguing for YEC. What
    > I said above is fair because they take a single interpretation of scripture
    > and assume that it is GOD's interpretation and expect everyone then to
    > accept it. When you add the 'us vs. them' attitude they engender, you get a
    > world view in which they believe they are the standard of truth and in which
    > anyone who disagrees with their standard is a 'son of satan' (a term I have
    > been called by them).

    To me this is like condemning all italians after being mugged in an alley by one
    some time in the past.

    Several questions to Allen Roy:

    Is this really the way that _YOU_ feel?
    Do you think that Glenn's assessment is correct -- or does he just know a
    narrow subspace of YECs?
    Are comments like this deserved in your opinion?
    Is it just to make general statements about "them".

    I ask this because my subset of YEC inclined people is quite different than
    this. They may disagree with my view, but they do not at all act like opinions
    other than their own are from "Sons of Satan".

    OTOH There is a lot of VooDoo science that is accepted by those who cannot judge
    good science form bad. (Such as the Morris Laws of Thermodynamics.)

    Walt

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

    In any consistent theory, there must
    exist true but not provable statements.