Re: Questions to Allen Roy

From: Dr. Blake Nelson (bnelson301@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 10:19:59 EDT

    --- Walter Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com> wrote:
    > Glenn Morton wrote:
    > > You are correct I don't like the appearance of age
    > argument. I think it
    > > makes God out to be a liar.
    >
    > That is a totally unscientific reason and the same
    > claim that YECs make about
    > you. Are you really having trouble seeing that?

    I don't support an appearance of age argument either,
    but if that were the case, it wouldn't *necessarily*
    make God either a liar or deceitful.

    Sometimes rhetoric gets bandied about rather broadly.
     I have no desire to get into the details of why,
    because I don't think I will convince Glenn. But, it
    does not *necessarily* make God a liar or deceitful
    (even to less of a degree than the canard creation
    science folks argue that OEC makes Jesus a liar).
    Both assertions are merely inaccurate rhetoric without
    a lot more explanation. In both cases, it is my
    opinion that the additional explanation fails to make
    a case for God being a liar.