Re: Creationists Running for School Board

From: Brian Harper (harper.10@osu.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 16:57:03 EDT

    At 03:02 PM 9/22/2003 -0400, Dick Fischer wrote:
    >Now its in my backyard. What do you guys think about tagging the
    >movement: "intelligent design creationism"? Fair or unfair?

    I don't like it for two reasons. (1) I kind of like letting a group pick
    its own name. It seems a rather small concession :). (2) one of the few
    things ID has going for it is the rhetoric. labeling the group IDC opens
    the door to continual complaints about misrepresentation, marginalization,
    etc. This is a convenient way to distract from the main issues.