Re: Fragility and tendentiousness

From: Steve Petermann (steve@spetermann.org)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 09:10:34 EDT

    Moorad wrote:

    The best operational definition of “scientific worldview” is the view of
    reality based on data that, in principle, can be collected by purely
    physical devices. Needless to say, much of reality, in fact the most
    important aspects of it are outside the purview of science. In particular,
    human experiences, values, etc. that are “undetectable” to science but are
    only detected by man.
    <<<<<<<<<

    Right. I think, however, that one can have more than one worldview. While
    one can learn a lot about the world utilizing a scientific worldview, one
    can also use a religious worldview to broaden one's scope of understanding.

    Steve Petermann