Re: Fragility and tendentiousness

From: Steve Petermann (steve@spetermann.org)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 09:39:21 EDT

    rich,

    > you've come here from the postmodern ldg-net with the prospect of shaking
    up
    > the christians but you don't understand christianity.

    You presume too much. I attended the same seminary as George Murphy. My
    mentor in Christian theology was Paul Tillich. My motives are varied but one
    is not to <shake up the christians>. I have a great affinity for
    Christianity. I just think it must change in order to be viable for the
    future. The best way to refine one's own position is to meet the challenge
    of opposing views. One doesn't grow arguing with the choir.

    > If you want civil and rigorous argumentation, produce some.

    I believe I am.

    Steve Petermann