RE: Capuchin's show sense of justice/fair play

From: Richard.Kouchoo@firstdata.com.au
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 23:54:24 EDT

    You wrongly accused me of being inconsistent (re-read what I wrote -
    experimentation can show intention).
    But as far as your rebuttal is concerned, how's this for "inconsistent":

    "Nothing is self-evident."

    How do you know this is true - the absolute truth - if it's not
    self-evident?

    This is more than inconsistent. It is an absolute contradiction since it
    proves the very notion of self evidence. You say "I am most certainly NOT a
    relativist". How do you know this, if you reject self evidence?

    In the least, you are sitting on the verge of relativism. One thing about
    relativists, they never notice what they utter is self referencing and
    therefore false. You say I suffer from a "severe conservative theological"
    bent and that "It seems to be saying that if one doesn't agree with you
    theologically one can't be a christian."

    I guess given your relativist bent then, the scripture must be suffering
    from the same "severe conservative theological" disease: "Everyone does
    what is right in his own eyes".

    Congratulations on your qualifications. Very impressive. But don't try to
    _argue from authority_. Particular when your arguments are self-refuting.

    Best Regards.
    Richard.

    "Glenn Morton" <glennmorton@entouch.net>@lists.calvin.edu on 19/09/2003
    12:43:58 PM