RE: Post-Empiricism Science: A little surprised

From: Alexanian, Moorad (alexanian@uncw.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 11:26:56 EDT

    Let us not confuse the issue. All scientists do their best according to the subject matter they are dealing with. Physicists are able to use a highly mathematical description of their subject matter since their subject matter is simple. Clearly, the chemist deals with a more difficult system and so their description is, in general, less mathematical, thus less complete, than that of the physicist. Biologists deal with an even more difficult subject and it is expected that their approach will be still less mathematical. Similarly, and more so, for geologists. However, one should not confuse the study of something the best way a human mind can do it with bringing in issues that clearly go beyond the limitations of a particular discipline. Questions of origins are hard in any area. Ultimately, such ontological questions go beyond science and we ought to accept that or else we are reducing the whole of reality to just your predilection, which invariably will be your own discipli!
    ne.

    Moorad