RE: Post-Empiricism Science: A little surprised

From: Alexanian, Moorad (alexanian@uncw.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 12:18:06 EDT

    The most important ideas underlying the whole of biology lies in the experiments in plant hybridization by Gregor Mendel in 1865, the ideas of Erwin Schrödinger and Max Delbruck in the 30's. The latter two provided the inspiring ideas used by Crick and Watson in their DNA studies. I am sure none of them used Darwinian concepts for their contributions.

    Moorad