Re: Evolution and Salvation

From: Gary Collins (gwcollins@algol.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 06:44:52 EDT

    Jay Willingham" wrote:

    "I wonder if animals are pure instinct or not.

    Certainly they are capable of significant learned behavior, as any
    animal trainer can attest."

    Agreed. And at least some of those who study primates suggest that
    they have morality as well, or at least what could be regarded as the
    beginnings of morality. E.g. that they can deceive, and know that they
    are doing so. Though I'm not sure if we can tell from this if they have
    a sense that what they are doing is wrong. Maybe they do.

    [snip]

    "The Bible seems to indicate they are aware of God as all creation waits =
    for the Sons of God to be revealed . "

    I don't think this is a good interpretation of the verse. The 'waiting' referred to
    here need not be conscious waiting. Rocks (e.g.) are part of creation as well!
    (Maybe some people would suggest that rocks are aware of God as well?)

    /Gary