Re: Evolution and Salvation

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 07:30:54 EDT

    In a message dated 9/16/03 7:26:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    Richard.Kouchoo@firstdata.com.au writes:

    > Just to clarify the matter, the RCC takes the position that soul, imbued
    > with the knowledge of good and evil, was specially and instantaneously
    > created (and still is everyday when a new human being forms in the womb),
    > Pius XII, Humani Generis 36.
    >
    > No allowance for the 'evolution' of the soul - and therefore moral
    > knowledge - is made. And I don't see how it could be.

    Pope John Paul has written that there can be no conflict between science and
    religion, but efforts to incorporate evolution have not begun in the church.
    If you would like to make the leap - True Religion, the darwinian
    interpretation of biblical symbols is attached (richard's copy only).
    The human being forming in the womb is not evolving.
    rich faussette