RE: My daughter is a YEC

From: Stephen J. Krogh, P.G. (panterragroup@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 17:54:19 EDT

    I disagree, far more harm is done, with the YEC outlook to both sides,
    believers AND unbelievers. Unbelievers that are knowledgeable in the
    earth-sciences won't consider Christianity at all, if YECism is tied to it,
    and Believers, when confronted with the relevant observations, can
    potentially turn from their faith, unless they change their hermeneutical
    approach. Your point was clear, as well as the strawmen of your own. We also
    couldn't distinguish Last-Thursday-ism from an ancient creation.

            Job 10;8-14 Psalm 50:6 Ecclesiastes 3:11
            Job 12:7 Psalm 97:6 Habakkuk 3:3
            Job 34:14-15 Psalm 98:2-3 Acts 17:24-31
            Job 38-41 Psalm 104 Romans 1:18-24
            Psalm 8 Psalm 139 Romans 2:14-15
            Psalm 19:1-6 Proverbs 8:22-31 Colossians 1:23

    Since the Bible explicitly endorses the facts revealed in nature, I believe,
    as Christians, we are obligated to accept the truths revealed through the
    study of the creation? I believe that from a reading of the scriptures
    above, that an honest study of the creation will reveal it's truth, that
    includes its history. Rather than some snake-oil salesman.

    Why even consider YEC view as historical fact when it simply uses the
    Babylonian cosmology (which we do know is not an accurate portrait of the
    Cosmos) as only a framework to describe God's sovereignty of his creation.
    Likewise, how productive is it to debate convoluted mechanisms to explain
    Geocentricity, just to adhere to a Geocentric hermeneutic. It simply become
    academic to do so.