Re: Student perceptions re evolution

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 12:10:23 EDT

    Dave wrote: "Anyone with a modicum of integrity recognizes that
    methodological naturalism is not metaphysical naturalism, but Phil
    continues to propagate his lie."

    I think this is a claim which cannot hold up. I know Phil Johnson, and
    while I disagree with him on this particular issue, I believe that he
    sincerely holds it with integrity, and, therefore, it may, indeed, be
    incorrect, but all incorrections are not "lies." (I think I may have just
    coined a word there).

    Dave also wrote: "Finally, may I commend what purports to be a Spanish
    proverb: " A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will." While we
    should tenaciously defend what we believe, we must recognize our
    fallibility."

    Amen to that.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com