Re: Student perceptions re evolution

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 09:02:04 EDT

    Re: Student perceptions re evolutionIf this wasn't so sad it would be funny.

    Perhaps Walter can see the problem now.

    I have recently had Col 2.8 thrown at me as an ultimate spiritual handgrenade;

    "I would also draw to your attention the well worn verse of Col 2:8, that you should not depend on human tradition and the basics principles of the world instead of Christ. I would hesitate to argue that from your concluding paragraph about you choosing the Scientific over the Bible in terms of your thinking on this issue, you have condemned yourself in line with the above passage. Quite clearly your arguement was not founded on scripture, and so I don't expect your reply to be, "

    In other words too many YEC practice spiriitual character assassination.

    Michael