Re: Student perceptions re evolution

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 16:39:19 EDT

    This is a magnificent text for YECs like those from AIG and ICR etc to
    ponder.

    Just how many Christians have been caused to stumble or even lose their
    faith through YEC nonsense and distortion? Many on this list who have tried
    to pick up the pieces of YEC teaching will know this well.

    Also how many have been kept away from Jesus Christ because they have seen
    the falsity of the YEC position and assume that all Christianity is the
    same?

    I wrote some months ago that if I were given the choice of Jesus AND YEC or
    atheism I would have to choose the latter. For that I got a rude email from
    someone on this list.

    Now I will apologise for this rather judgemental email, if anyone can point
    me to a book which presents scientific arguments for YEC which does not
    deliberately or accidentally misrepresent orrthodox science.

    I would also like to know of any book arguing for a YEC position which does
    not condemn those who reject YEC for being heretical or liberal and denying
    the obvious truth of the word of God.

    This is the problem YEC has caused the church throughout the world and it
    seems to have no solution as the barriers are put in place by YEC and if you
    question it you are faced with a barrage of superspiritual handgrenades and
    will have all sorts of scripture cited against to demonstrate your heresy.

    Michael