Re: Creativity, genius and the science/faith interface

From: Jim Armstrong (jarmstro@qwest.net)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 17:07:48 EDT

    I can tell you from personal experience that even writing music of a
    more modest sort can have its humbling moments when something remarkable
    emerges quite unbidden in the middle of otherwise fairly ordinary work.
    I've even had that happen in the creation of multi-media slide
    presentations where there is the sudden appearance of a mood transition
    in the music track that is an uncanny match to the flow of images
    on-screen. I do not take lightly those happenings. But I confess that I
    still do not know whether they are the result of the persuasive action
    of God, or an exceptional burst of greater-than-usual realization of
    the potential always present in my being.

    It is thrilling to hear the music you create come to life in the hands
    of another.
    It's hard to imagine that the creation of music could ever be other than
    a gift.
    It surely must be to the composer the tiniest bit like what God feels
    with Creation.
    JimA