Re: Poll results so far

From: Sarah Berel-Harrop (sec@hal-pc.org)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 14:00:08 EDT

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:30:35 -0600
      "Terry M. Gray" <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu> wrote:

    >A couple people complained about the definition of
    >"biological evolution" and of "well established theory",
    >but none of these were on the above list--perhaps the
    >definition is not so unclear to "the professionals".

    Well I think this is not such a trivial question, not
    really cause for jocularity, although I see the humor.

    Considering the fact that the modern anti-evolutionists
    claim that the theory is inadequate using a process of
    eliminative induction, yet I do not find where they
    use a textbook definition ...

    I am thinking a textbook definition would be a helpful
    start for the lay people. I guess what I am saying is
    rather saying "the professionals" know what you mean,
    share the wealth.

    I posted a link that excerpts Futuyama's book a few
    days ago, but I am not a "professional" :-)