Re: Poll results so far

From: Terry M. Gray (grayt@lamar.colostate.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 17:47:18 EDT

    OK, I'll bite. I invite those who answered the poll earlier (folks
    with Ph.D.'s in the life sciences to give me their definition of
    "biological evolution". Please send them to me individually and I
    will post them anonymously altogether. Let's see how close and
    consistent they all are. It's okay with me if you quote your favorite
    textbook definition (as in Futuyama's--if you do quote a definition,
    please provide a citation) or invent your own.

    My prediction is that these definitions will all be pretty similar.

    Again, the poll is still open if there are any more list members or
    archive lurkers who wish to respond.

    TG

    --