Re: Fibbonacci and other mathematical patterns in shells

From: Sarah Berel-Harrop (sec@hal-pc.org)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 11:15:06 EDT

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:19:30 -0400
      "Howard J. Van Till" <hvantill@chartermi.net> wrote:
    >>From: "Sarah Berel-Harrop" <sec@hal-pc.org>
    >
    >A couple points of agreement worth noting.
    >
    >1. > Accordingly, there is
    >> no reason to invoke "intelligent intervention" unless
    >>and
    >> until all of the other [natural] possibilities are
    >>exhausted ....
    >
    >2. > My second point was that it is inappropriate to set
    >ID
    >> against RM & NS because they are not collectively
    >> exhaustive of all of the possibilities.
    >
    >Correct. What Dembski and other ID advocates place in an
    >exhaustive
    >either/or relationship is ID and the joint effect of ALL
    >known and unknown
    >natural processes, of which the RM & NS process
    >constitutes only a portion.

    Well, while we are at it, neither are ID (in the sense
    that the Creation reveals God's activity, eg in the
    sense of Ps 19, Romans 1:18-20, etc) and evolutionary
    biology, or even NS & RM alone, mutually exclusive,
    and Josh has already admitted that, but the supposed
    mutual exclusivity of the two is a major point underlying
    Dembski, Johnson, et al's arguments.