Re: A "God" Part of the Brain?

From: EckertWAIII@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 14:17:24 EDT

    I agree that it is logically possible that animals might very well experience
    God in some way. However, I also believe that there is presently no evidence
    that they do and that likely won't change. We have no solid scientific basis
    of knowing that non-human animals feel pain; however, to believe they don't is
    simply ludicrous. We can observe behaviors, vocalizations, reflexes,
    autonomic responses, etc that are consistent with the responses of humans when they
    also verbally report to an investigator that they are experiencing pain. When
    animals can tell us that they experience pain or experience God, then we'll know
    (assuming they aren't lying). :-)

    -Bill

    --
    William A. Eckert III, Ph.D.