Re: different thread

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 14:11:00 EDT

    In a message dated 8/14/03 10:01:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    sheila-mcginty@geotec.net writes:

    > The awareness of something does not cause it to exist or not exist. I
    > don't
    > believe I understand what you are saying.

    You don't understand because I am interpreting genesis allegorically, the way
    the Kabbalists suggest it be interpreted. You are assuming corporeal death.

    I cannot tell you that my way is the appropriate way to interpret genesis.
    but I can tell you it is the way all the mystics of all the major religions
    interpret it.

    It is impossible for evolution to have occurred and physical death not to
    have occurred before man. I have to take that as a given. Perhaps you don't. When
    Adam ate the apple and gained a free will unbound to the will of God, he
    "died" to God. To live in God again he must get his self out of way, die to
    "himself." The self dies so God may live. This is the death I believe is spoken of
    in genesis.

    rich faussette