In the Trash

From: Debbie Mann (deborahjmann@insightbb.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 08:19:15 EDT

    Certain issues seem to polarize this country. Homosexuality. Drugs. On the
    latter, one thing that really gets me is that our current president could
    not BE president if he had been caught in his youthful indiscretions. And
    yet, society, and him in particular, are willing to throw people in the
    trash heap for the same and similar sins.

    The good news of Christianity is redemption. Everyone sins, continually
    until we die, and yet we are righteous through Christ Jesus. All of us are
    hopefully in a constant state of improvement - but never anywhere near
    perfection.

    Young people who get caught in a situation with a couple of pot infractions
    have the total add up to a felony - even in one event. This then trashes
    their future. It's against the law to not report a felony on a job
    application. In fact, that is itself a felony.

    My point is - with all this talk about gays and their rights - people lose
    track of PEOPLE. The current pot laws take young, immature adults and
    prevent them from ever growing up into well rounded people.

    Society has no right to trash other people unless they are a threat to
    society. A major difference between a child molestor and a gay is the one is
    a threat - the other isn't.

    The biggest thing I learned through my divorce is that it didn't end my
    spiritual life or throw me in the trash. God was not and is not done with me
    yet. And he did not require that I live as a nun for the rest of my life. I
    am a person. I am called. I have a place in God's plan.

    God uses some vessels for noble and some for ignoble use. They are God's
    vessels - not society's.

    This whole campaign to brainwash America that gay is just like straight does
    disturb me. And Jim Neugent is correct in stating that there is a Hollywood
    political agenda. Hollywood shamelessly uses its power to broadcast all
    sorts of agendas. However, society has thrown useful people into the trash
    heap, and I cannot blame them for wanting out.

    I have no doubt that God can use any willing soul - warts and all.
    Debbie Mann, P.E.
    Debbie Mann Consulting
    (765) 477-1776