Re: Sin

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 07:47:25 EDT

    In a message dated 8/5/03 11:48:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    sbrasile@hotmail.com writes:

    > Since the word "homosexual" does not refer to acts, but only to
    > orientation, I would say "yes."

    We're unilaterally defining our terms now -

    Webster's:
    homosexual - adj. of or characterized by sexual desire for those of the same
    sex - n. a homosexual individual
    homosexuality - n. 1. sexual desire for those of the same sex 2. sexual
    relations between individuals of the same sex

    homosexual is an adjective. As an adjective, homosexual act or behavior is a
    valid construct.
    ============

       Prime Minister John Howard (Australia) has aligned himself with the
    Vatican and US
       President George W Bush in ruling out gay marriages, saying they do
       nothing to support "survival of the species".

       "I'm opposed to changing the law in Australia to give them the same
       status as marriage that we all understand in our society," Mr Howard
       told a Darwin radio station during a tour of the Northern Territory
       capital today.

       "That's not an expression of discrimination - it's just an expression
       that marriage as we understand it is one of the bedrock institutions
       of our society.

       "It's very much about the raising of children ... and the continuation
       of our species.

    Full text at:
       <A HREF="http://www.theage.com.au/cgi-bin/common/popupPrintArticle.pl?path=/articles/2003/08/05/1059849376651.html">
    http://www.theage.com.au/cgi-bin/common/popupPrintArticle.pl?path=/articles/