Re: loose ends

From: richard@biblewheel.com
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 23:10:38 EDT

    While we are at it, we might as well note this formula that will produce all
    primes, interspersed with lots of 2s:

    f(n) = 2 + 2n! mod (n+1)

    Here's the reference:

    http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_number

    But with regards to this thread - neither sequence is random in an IT sense,
    though primes are more algorythemically complex than fibonacci numbers. But
    either could be used to determine design in a "Contact" type message since
    there are no known natural radio sources that would produce either sequence.

    And now we have an interesting contrast: In certain situations, we would see
    algorythmic simplicity as a sign of "lack of design," e.g. the appearance of
    Fibonacci numbers in plants, and in other situations we would see it as a
    sign of design, as with the beaming of primes on radio signals. The
    difference, of course, is that there are plenty of natural phenomena that
    would produce the fibonacci sequence in plants, whereas there is no known
    phenomenon that would produce the sequence of primes in radio signals. In
    these cases we would distinguish between nature and design not on the basis
    of the algorythmic complexity of the sequence, but on our knowledge of the
    operation of natural laws.

    Richard Amiel McGough
    Discover the sevenfold symmetric perfection of the Holy Bible at
    http://www.BibleWheel.com