RE: The multi-universe

From: Glenn Morton (glennmorton@entouch.net)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 12:27:26 EDT

    Grasse wrote:

    >While there are sophisticated mathematical models
    >that might predict the existence of multiple universes, as there have
    >long
    >been for multiple dimensions, it is not clear that we could ever have
    >empirical knowledge of these other universes.

    I would quibble with this. It is very clear to me that there are two tests
    which, in principle could be done, both involve quantum computers and both
    would give *empirical* evidence of the multiverse ala Everett. The issue is
    technological now, not philosophical. We will all have to await quantum
    computers, to see if they can be built with sufficient complexity and then
    await the answers from the calculations.