Re: Sin?

From: sheila-mcginty@geotec.net
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 10:29:49 EDT

    The first two statements are not intended to proved the third. The third
    statement stands alone. Any sex that is not between a husband and wife is
    either adultery or fornication, both of which are sins. Adultery is defined as
    sex with a married person to whom one is not married. Fornication is defined
    as sex outside of marriage such as premarital sex. Homosexual acts are simply
    a variation of adultery or fornication and is clearly labeled a sin.

    Thankfully, God is big enough to forgive all sins.

    Quoting John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>:

    > >>The Word of God clearly states that homosexual acts are an
    > abomination.
    > It
    > does not say most acts or some acts or these acts or those acts. The
    > Bible
    > clearly says that all sex is wrong except sex between a husband and
    > wife
    > within
    > the sanctity of marriage. Sex between a husband and wife is ordained,
    > sanctioned, blessed, and holy according to God. Any other sex is a sin
    > against
    > one's own body; this includes any couple of any sex in a committed,
    > domestic
    > relationship.>>
    >
    > I understand your claims. I even agree with the first two. Let's look
    > just at those two.
    >
    > There is a philosophical (logical) concept called the fallacy of the
    > excluded middle. Taking your first two statements as true (again, I
    > agree
    > that they are true statements), they do not prove your third statement.
    >

    > If you think that they do, then you must agree that anything the Bible
    > does not speak about must be avoided. Driving in cars, watching TV,
    > playing baseball, dressing in 21st century clothing. Etc.
    >
    > Peace
    >
    > John Burgeson (Burgy)
    >
    > www.burgy.50megs.com

    > Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

    Sheila McGinty Wilson
    sheila-mcginty@geotec.net

    This mail sent through OnRAMP/GeoTEC Webmail: webmail.geotec.net