RE: appearance of age and the goodness of God

From: Stephen J. Krogh (panterragroup@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 13:41:03 EST

    I would question the "why" of the initial proposal of "appearance of age"
    view of creation. Why was it suggested as a method of creation in the first
    place? Is this something that is taught in scripture? Was this view held by
    the apostles or the old testament prophets? Did they actually teach this
    view? When they do speak on age aspects of creation, the are simply
    commenting that it IS old and not that it just looks old (Habakkuk 3:6
    directly declares the mountains to be ancient and the hills to be age old
    while II Peter 3:5 states that the heavens - the Cosmos: the stars and the
    universe, existed long ago). Or, was it proposed simply because an
    examination of the creation actually revealed not only an age greater than
    Ussher's' timeline but also a history of events that supposedly never
    happened?

    Stephen J. Krogh, P.G.
    The PanTerra Group
    http://panterragroup.home.mindspring.com