Re: YEC and interpretations (was: Re: asa-digest V1 #3214)

From: Don Winterstein (dfwinterstein@msn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 01:17:05 EST

    David Campbell wrote:

    "...Honesty about the paleomagnetic evidence is not in itself incompatible
    with a YEC framework. "

    Are you saying 1) the rapid changes in magnetic polarity are reasonable, or 2) the radiometric dates for the rocks are way off or way uncertain? My understanding is that there are by now lots of core samples from deep sea drilling that have been radiometrically dated. These cores very likely have been tied to the paleomagnetic striations of the ocean floor. (I have to waffle because I'm not intimately familiar with the results of these studies; but I'd be very surprised if such studies hadn't been done.)

    Don