Re: Ken Ham

From: sheila-mcginty@geotec.net
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 17:14:34 EST

    Through the death of Jesus Christ, my acknowledgment of my sins and need for
    my Savior, and the acceptance of Jesus Christ as my Savior, I became a joint
    heir to the throne with Jesus Christ according to the promise of Abraham. I
    also became a priest in the order of Melchizidek (sp?) which entitles me to
    wear garments of mixed material, among other things. You may have been
    ridiculing the Levitical laws but we are still free from the law of sin and
    death! This why we Acts 15:28 says we are free from the law.

    Jesus came to fulfill the law, not to abolish it. By fulfilling the law, I am
    holy, righteous, and currently seated with Christ in heaven.

    Quoting John Burgeson <burgythree@hotmail.com>:

    > I wriote: "RIGHT! It is terrible that today we wear garments woven from
    > two
    > types of material. We need to repent!
    >
    > Rich replied: "you simply don't know what you are ridiculing - you have
    > no
    > idea."
    >
    > Don't forget the prohibition there against playing football too, Rich.
    >
    > Do I know what it is I ridiculed? I think so. Does it deserve ridicule?
    >
    > Again, I think so. More than that -- it deserves condemnation, for it
    > denies
    > the scriptures.
    >
    > Acts 15:28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you
    >
    > (that's us gentiles, Rich) with anything beyond the following
    > requirements:
    > 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from
    > the
    > meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well
    > avoid these things.
    >
    > That advice is repeated elsewhere in Acts also. I think it was written
    > specifically to head off claims of some people who said all of Lev (and
    >
    > etc.) was to be binding upon us.
    >
    > Burgy
    >
    > www.burgy.50megs.com
    >

    > >From: RFaussette@aol.com
    > >To: burgythree@hotmail.com, asa@calvin.edu
    > >Subject: Re: Ken Ham
    > >Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:17:11 EST
    > >
    > >In a message dated 3/19/03 10:32:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    > >burgythree@hotmail.com writes:
    > >

    > > > RIGHT! It is terrible that today we wear garments woven from two
    > types
    > >of
    > > > material. We need to repent!
    > > >

    > >you simply don't know what you are ridiculing - you have no idea
    > >
    > >rich

    Sheila McGinty
    sheila-mcginty@geotec.net

    This mail sent through OnRAMP/GeoTEC Webmail: webmail.geotec.net