Re: Ken Ham

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 16:40:59 EST

    I wriote: "RIGHT! It is terrible that today we wear garments woven from two
    types of material. We need to repent!

    Rich replied: "you simply don't know what you are ridiculing - you have no
    idea."

    Don't forget the prohibition there against playing football too, Rich.

    Do I know what it is I ridiculed? I think so. Does it deserve ridicule?
    Again, I think so. More than that -- it deserves condemnation, for it denies
    the scriptures.

    Acts 15:28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you
    (that's us gentiles, Rich) with anything beyond the following requirements:
    29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the
    meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to
    avoid these things.

    That advice is repeated elsewhere in Acts also. I think it was written
    specifically to head off claims of some people who said all of Lev (and
    etc.) was to be binding upon us.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com