Re: ID science

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 20:29:03 EST

    Burgy wrote:

    >What must the ID folks show to convince the world of science they are to
    >be taken seriously?

    The same criteria as for any theory which proposes to be scientific -
    supporting data and evidence. For me as a theist, I would want to know why
    an intelligent agent can design bacteria flagellum and can't rid us humans
    of Parkinson's disease, or muscular dystrophy, or Alzheimers. Are bacteria
    more important? Is it easier to design on a grand scale than to correct
    mistakes? Does the intelligent designer flub it up occasionally? Does the
    designer have certain limits beyond which it is simply incapable of
    acting? Are there certain things the designer just doesn't care enough
    about to bother?

    These are some questions I would like answered before I abandoned a theory
    that places both credit and blame on the impersonal acts of nature, and
    embraced a theory which implicates my God.

    www.genesisproclaimed.org