Re: Fwd: Johnson on Bible Answer Man

From: George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 07:59:51 EST

    A few comments on the following -
            1) Johnson, in his comments on Jn.1:1-14 seems (like Dembski in _Intelligent
    Design_) to focus on the pre-incarnate Word with little attention to "made flesh" & "his
    glory" (which in John points to the cross). The possibility that the cross is essential
    for our understanding of who God is & how God acts doesn't seem to occur to him.
            2) Similarly, it doesn't seem to occur to him that the Intelligent Designer
    might be one of the idols that Paul refers to in Roman 1:18-31.
            3) His Rom.1:20 explanation of why people accept evolution might apply to an
    atheist but hardly to Christians who believe that the God revealed in Christ is the
    creator _and_ that evolution has occurred.
            4) "Doesn't seem to occur to him" is the operative phrase for Johnson. He
    apparently "knew" all the right scientific & theological answers to begin with.

                                                            Shalom,
                                                            George

    --
    George L. Murphy