Re: Fwd: Johnson on Bible Answer Man

From: Josh Bembenek (jbembe@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 09:59:13 EST

    I find this very disturbing because I know alot of Christians who consider
    the answers given by the Bible Answer Man to be extremely competent and
    correct. He would certaintly be serviced by Van Till's discussion of
    minimal verses maximal naturalism. Not at all that I find all of Kenneth
    Miller's arguments fundmentally sound, nor do I agree with him, but I don't
    believe he is a minion of satan. The really disturbing thing about this
    approach is that becoming a true beleiver of Christ and thus committing to
    your salvation becomes wed to a particular view of origins. In no way
    should our devotion to our creator depend on how we view his mechanistic
    operations during the creative process. IMO, as Christians we should find
    every way possible to free all people to recognize, find faith in, and serve
    the Creator. What good is any mission against any idea or pradigm from a
    Christian perspective if it does not accomplish that goal?