Re: By Design (was Re: Numbers)

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 12:11:30 EST

    Vernon wrote: "these facts (augmented by the many other phenomena described
    in the pages of http://www.otherbiblecode.com) constitute proof that certain
    key parts of the biblical text – as found in current copies of the Hebrew
    and Greek originals – are intelligently designed... ."

    I would tentatively accept the statement above if you altered it to read:
    "these facts (augmented by the many other phenomena described in the pages
    of http://www.otherbiblecode.com) constitute EVIDENCE FOR THE CLAIM that
    certain key parts of the biblical text – as found in current copies of the
    Hebrew and Greek originals – are intelligently designed BY A SUPERNATURAL
    BEING NOT A HUMAN ... ."

    Do you see the difference in your statement and my change to it? It is, I
    think, a key difference.

    That being said, the question then becomes how strong the evidence is, and,
    if the claim is true, what difference does it make.

    To reiterate my own position on this, I see the evidence for the claim as
    too weak to consider seriously, and that, even if true, it does not make any
    real difference to anything that matters.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com