Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 12:49:16 EST

    Sheila wrote, in part:

    >>The Bible does, however, clearly state that homosexual acts are wrong:

    Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a
    woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put
    to death; their blood shall be upon them.">>

    Let us distinguish between exegesis (what the writer meant to say to his
    target audience) and hermenautics (what we are to glean as a meaning for us
    today.

    From the exegesis viewpoint, your statement is quite obviously correct.

    From the hermenautic viewpoint, your sentence #1 does not necessarily
    follow.

    The arguments for this are on my web site.

    Burgy

    John W. Burgeson (Burgy)
    www.burgy.50megs.com