Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 12:17:46 EST

    I reply to part of Jan's last post:

    Jan wrote: "No convicting is not our job, but having convictions is asked of
    us."

    That is absolutely true, Jan. However, certainty in thse convictions is
    generally only granted to those on the sidelines.

    " Without closing doors, I cannot see where homosexual relationships are
    allowed."

    That's a fair statement. And if you've studied the issue deeply, and gotten
    involved with others (both gay and straight) in the dialog, and still have
    that view, I can accept it.

    " I am ready to accept all sinners, knowing that I am a sinner as well. "

    Of course that's not the issue, Jan. The issue is "are all homosexual acts
    necessarily sin?"

    John W. Burgeson (Burgy)
    www.burgy.50megs.com