Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 19:31:08 EST

    Jan asked: "I knew someone I loved who was a compulsive thief. He simply
    had to take something that he really liked. His parents had to close the
    places were valuable things were. It was obviously a genetic "fault." Does
    that excuse him? Is kleptomancy to be allowed? If so, why not?"

    It does not excuse him and the state law should disallow it. I assume your
    point is to say homosexual acts and stealing are both sins. My argument is
    that the first (within an adult loving relationship) is not and the second
    is, and hence comparing one to the other has no meaning.

    John W. Burgeson (Burgy)
    www.burgy.50megs.com