Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 15:19:10 EST

    At 12:38 PM 22/01/2003 -0700, Jim Armstrong wrote:
    >heritage. Because we live in the light of the additional revelation
    >afforded us through the life of Christ, I'm pretty sure that we are now
    >held to that higher standard. Also, best I recall, conviction is not our
    >job. We may be amicus curii, but we are notably neither judge nor jury. We
    >are left very little wiggle room by the relational examples Jesus,
    >uncomfortable or not. JimA

    No convicting is not our job, but having convictions is asked of
    us. Without closing doors, I cannot see where homosexual relationships are
    allowed. I am ready to accept all sinners, knowing that I am a sinner as
    well. But it does not mean, that we now have to proclaim that we accept
    homosexual relationships, just like we accept hetero-sexual marriages. We
    have to study our Bible, though, and then we must accept its teachings. If
    someone explains certain parts of Scri[pture in a different way than I do,
    so be it. I am not the one that condemns, but I must read Scripture, which
    means I cannot let it just lie there and say, "I think so and so, if you
    think differently, it is OK." It may be, and it may not be.

    Jan de Koning